Haliburton County in Ontario has something for everyone and for every season, making it a year round favorite for all ages. There are plenty of outdoor activities as well as local attractions like art galleries, great restaurants, museums, pottery classes, brewery tours, music festivals and the Teddy Bear Picnic.
Below is a listing of activities by season, including links to find out more information.
Year Round Activities
- Willow Beach Sauna, change rooms with showers and washroom
- Play with Clay Day – Explore your Creativity — gather 5 friends and spend a half day with a local potter — includes instruction, firing, fun and refreshments
- Horseback Tours through the south end of Algonquin Park with South Algonquin Equestrian Outfitters
- Geocaching –whether you are a novice or expert this is the place to come to pursue your geocaching hobby! With 885 caches in the Haliburton County area — what a great way to explore this beautiful natural area.
- Haliburton Highlands Trails and Tours Network – hike, bike, ski, snowshoe
- The Sculpture Forest – is a unique outdoor collection of sculptures by Canadian and international artists.
- Visit Art Galleries, Museums, and Libraries
- Visit localÂ Artisan’s Studios
- Sir Sam’s Ski & RideÂ – Downhill skiing and snowboarding
- Snow-mobile trails – 700 km accessed as they pass by our front door. Visit the Haliburton County Snowmobile Association for more info.
- Ice skating
- Winterdance Dogsled Tours – spend an hour or a day with a professional dog sled team.
- Sleigh rides – available with minimum of 5 people
- Ice Fishing -Â Get all the fishing information you need from the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association.
Spring, Summer & Fall Activities
- Willow Beach Silent Craft (canoes, kayaks, paddle boat, row boat) Free all the time.
- Willow Beach Sandy Beach – gentle slope into the water, complete with swim raft
- Willow Beach Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, Horseshoes.
- Willow Beach Â Playground
- Willow Beach Rec-Hall – contains billiards table, ping pong table, air hockey table, lending library of board games and books, card table
- Harper’s Marina – Boat and ski-doo rentals available. Conveniently several of our cottages have docks!
- 5 lake chain with great fishing
- Ski-Mazing Watersports SchoolÂ – Wakeboarding or water-skiing
- Minden White Water Preserve – watch others shoot the rapids in a kayak, or take a training course and try it out yourself
- Golf – Haliburton Highlands boasts six different courses for you to enjoy.Â Beaverbrook Golf Course,Â Blairhampton Golf Club,Â Carnarvon Family GolfÂ ,Â Haliburton Highlands Golf Course,Â Lakeside Golf Club,Â Pinestone
- Haliburton Forest Astronomy Centre – on-site astronomer will guide guests through the night skies, tell stories of constellations, various myths and teach about how various ancient cultures viewed the stars.
- Haliburton Forest Canopy Tour – Take a Walk In The Clouds and experience nature from an entirely new perspective.
- Â Haliburton School of the ArtsÂ – Chainsaw Sculpture, to Kids Lego Design, Jewellery Making, Pottery, Painting, Basket Weaving are only a few of the courses offered at the HSoftA (Flemming College)
- Haliburton ATV AssociationÂ -Â Use the extensive network of ATV trails
- Cycling the back-roads and trails of Haliburton County